UFC legend Gary Goodridge returns to action against 285 lbs ‘Monster’

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 24/12/2009, 15:36

Former multiple-time UFC tournament, Pride and K-1 veteran Gary ‘Big Daddy’ Goodridge will make his return to action on the 9th of January in Indiana for ‘MMA Big Show’; the same promotion that recently gave troubled UFC castoff Junie Browning a second chance.

250lb ‘Big Daddy’ will have his work cut out for him as he faces super heavyweight goliath Ron ‘The Monster’ Sparks, a 6’5, 285lb slugger who has finished all but one of his bouts by first round TKO. According to a recent press release from the promotion, Goodridge isn’t taking the fight lightly:

“I’m doing my research on Ron. He’s a big muscle-bound guy, he’s very entertaining to look at, and it’s going to be like a young buck taking on the old lion. I know Ron has a really good right hand, so I’ve been training with boxers quite a bit, including a Canadian boxing champ. I have my game plan, and I’m going to try to stick to it, but everything changes once you get hit”

Still undefeated in MMA, Sparks is understandably riding a wave of confidence himself, having this to say about the upcoming clash:

“Trust me, we’re going to go down swinging. There will be no tap-outs, and it will be a quick one. We’ve both been training hard, so stay tuned, and don’t blink”

As confident as he is, the Kentucky native will need to stay on his toes – he may be undefeated at 5-0 but Goodridge has an astounding 79 professional MMA and K-1 bouts to his name, along with an extensive boxing record. That said, ‘Big Daddy’ is without a win in his last 11 fights, making this a make or break situation for the Canadian brawler.

0 replies since 24/12/2009, 15:36   30 views