Mike Brown makes short work of Morrison with a submission

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 11/1/2010, 12:40

Former WEC featherweight champion, Mike Brown returned to winning ways with a bang at WEC 46, defeating Anthony Morrison in impressive fashion with a rear naked choke midway through the first round.

Morrison looked comfortable on the feet early on, throwing snappy combinations with his hands. Brown quickly secures a body lock and takes Morrison to the ground. Brown moves to side control where he begins to go to work but Morrison powers out and returns to his feet. Brown immediately takes him down again and quickly moves to full mount. Morrison attempts to escape, giving up his back, before Brown locks on a rear naked choke for the finish.

Following the fight Brown said:

“I just need a win. I just wanted to win so badly. I hate to lose any fight and it's very important that you don't drop two in a row. Now I'm back on track and I want to get a shot back at the title.”

Brown will certainly be forced to earn his rematch for the title with a string of top contenders lining up for a shot at current champ, Jose Aldo. How long will it take for Brown to head that line of name? Only time will tell, but if he continues on this kind of form it shouldn’t be too long.

0 replies since 11/1/2010, 12:40   28 views