Andre Arlovski regresa a la acción en la ronda de cuatro boxeo partido de exhibición

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 14:59

Former UFC heavyweight champion, Andre “The Pitbull” Arlovski will finally test his skills inside the boxing ring when he competes against Fres Oquendo on February 27th in a boxing exhibition match.

The fight was announced by Arlovski’s team earlier today and will serve as a fund raiser for The Consequences Charity. The fight will take place at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in Florida.

Speaking about the fight, Arlovski said:

“I am honored to step into the ring with a great fighter like Fres Oquendo. This is going to be an exciting exhibition match, but we already know the winner: the children we are helping.”

Oquendo also had a few words on the fight:

“I have seen Arlovski in the ring and in the cage, and I am excited to be able to showcase my skills against an MMA legend. Believe me, we are going to go at it for four rounds with the goal that every punch and every blow helps this cause.”

Arlovski has been on the slide in his MMA career after suffering back-to-back losses to Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, both by brutal knockout. Many fans and critics have questioned the Belarusian’s chin, something Oquendo, with twenty knockouts in thirty six professional boxing fights, will be looking to do in this one.

0 replies since 11/2/2010, 14:59   30 views