Dana singles Herb Dean out for praise, still gets in a dig about Mazzagatti

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 14/2/2010, 16:37

UFC President, Dana White has singled out referee, Herb Dean for praise following his performance last weekend at UFC 109 in Las Vegas, saying the long standing official is one of the best in the business.

Speaking at the post fight press conference, Dana said:

I wish I would have done this during the press conference. You always hear me talking about the refereeing. I'm going to say it again: Herb Dean is one of the best referees in this business. Actually, I think he's the best. If you had to do a highlight reel of great stoppages, incredible stoppages, the entire highlight reel would be Herb Dean. [Thiago] had a choke that most guys don't know. [Dean] saw this thing, saw the choke being set-up and then moved right in and knew exactly when he was out. He was out quick

There's been a couple of calls with Herb Dean, like when Frank Mir broke [Sylvia's] arm, and I embarrassed myself during that fight, jumping up, screaming and yelling because I didn't see the arm break. When Herb Dean does [expletive], I don't even question it anymore. I wait for the replay. This guy sees [expletive] that I can't see sitting there watching the monitor. Best referee in the business, bar none. He should be [expletive] commended for it.

Dana didn’t forget his old adversary, Steve Mazzagatti though, saying:

If Mazzagatti would have been reffing that fight, he would have been standing there [expletive] drooling on himself thinking, ‘What's he doing?

Dana has been massively critical of Mazzagatti in the past and he’s not the only one. UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar filed a complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission to prevent the official ever officiating on of his fights again.

0 replies since 14/2/2010, 16:37   42 views