Trainer expects to see a vintage Wanderlei Silva in Sydney

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 19/2/2010, 04:06

Former Chute Boxe head trainer, Rafael Cordeiro has been speaking about working alongside one of the teams most famous products once again, Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva ahead of his UFC 110 clash with Michael Bisping in Sydney, Australia.

Speaking to Sherdog.com, Cordeiro said:

“I’ve been working with Wanderlei since the beginning, and I know his potential. We’ve been working really hard the last three months. Some weeks, I went to Las Vegas; some weeks, he came to my academy.”

“I’ve been in that hard marathon of training for almost three months, but it’s worth it. I can predict that this is not going to be an easy fight for Bisping. If he does what he’s been doing in training, this fight will represent the return of Wanderlei.”

“He keeps lifting the same weights, just like when he was heavier. I think 185 is actually the weight he was at before he started taking supplements and training to get into the light heavyweight division. The fans will see the return of the Wanderlei they were used to seeing in Pride.”

The thought of seeing a return of the old Wanderlei Silva must have fans rubbing their hands together ahead of Saturday’s big night of action. That said this could be something we’ve heard so many times before when faced with this situation.

0 replies since 19/2/2010, 04:06   24 views