UFC 110 - Ryan Bader planning to take down Jardine if he gets leg kicked

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 20/2/2010, 02:59

“Ultimate Fighter” season eight light heavyweight winner, Ryan Bader has revealed that if “The Dean of Mean” Keith Jardine is looking to land that trademark leg kick of his in Sydney, Australia the he’s got another thing coming, saying he will take him down and dominate him on the ground.

Speaking via Rear Naked Radio, Bader said:

“I don’t really want to hear that much about the title contention yet because I’m a young fighter and I have a lot of room to grow. I just feel like I’m not ready for it right now. I feel like I need a couple more fights at least. You know, three or four more before even talking about it, because I want to be. When I fight for the title - and that’s my goal - I want to win the belt. I want to be the best fighter I can’t be at that time, and I don’t feel like I’m anywhere near where I should be right now. It’s early. I’m just taking them one fight at a time, and right now it’s Keith Jardine.”

“I can’t get into that rhythm. I can’t fall into that her herky-jerky – you know, what he wants me to do. People that try to play with him and out-point him - they’re not really successful. It’s the guys that go in there and pressure him, and say, ‘I don’t care’; The guys that get in his face and exchange with him; Hit him on the button and he goes down.”

“If he wants to leg kick me, that’s fine, he’s going to get taken down,” said Bader. “But I’m still going to try to get inside on him and slug it out with him a little bit too. He’s lost when people have have gotten in his face and pressured him like Wanderlei did.”

Bader was last seen in action in September when he defeated MMA veteran, Eric Schafer via unanimous decision. His wrestling background along with his knockout power has made him an instant contender at 205 pounds, so much so that if he wins on Saturday he could be talked about as a contender to Lyoto Machida’s title.

0 replies since 20/2/2010, 02:59   20 views