UFC 111 - Shane Carwin: “Frank Mir’s trash talk won’t affect me at all”

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 20/2/2010, 03:11

UFC heavyweight title contender Shane Carwin has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming showdown with former champion, Frank Mir, saying the trash talking of the Las Vegas native won’t get to him in the build up to this one.

Speaking to TheGarv Carwin said:

I think I have what it takes to win the fight standing or through ground and pound. He is going to be looking for mistakes and openings for his submissions. It will be a true honor to test myself against Frank

Frank Mir's trash talk won't affect me at all. I really do not pay a lot of attention to smack talk. Whatever my opponent needs to do to get themselves ready to fight me is fine. At the end of the night the better fighter (that evening) should have his hand raised and really that is all I care about. I have a lot of respect for Frank as a fighter and as a MMA professional. I have a long ways to go to be on his Hall of Fame level so whatever he says is likely justified

Carwin will have been out of action for over a year come fight time, defeating Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96 last March via knockout to secure his shot at the interim title. Can this man mountain add yet another first round stoppage to his record or will Mir be the first man to defeat the Greg Jackson trained fighter?

0 replies since 20/2/2010, 03:11   41 views