Kimbo admits he’s still learning, says he’s Nemo swimming with sharks

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 3/3/2010, 23:46

UFC heavyweight slugger, “Kimbo Slice” has given his thoughts on his inclusion on the promotions roster and his development as a mixed martial artist, admitting he has a lot to still learn and that he feels he’s like Nemo swimming with the sharks.

Speaking via GracieMag.com, when asked whether he thought way back in the day about becoming an MMA fighter, “Kimbo” said:

“No. I never thought about it while fighting in the streets. I started fighting to make money. We live in a world where there is a system to follow. Everyone has to make money and find a way to survive. Street fighting was my livelihood.”

“For me it’s a learning experience, since there are many big fish, some sharks and some whales. I’m just a little Nemo fish swimming with sharks of the UFC. I know I have a long way to go, but it’s a matter of time and I will improve my technique.”

On who is the best in the game today, “Kimbo” said:

“I’m a fight fan. As I box, I have to give credit to my favorite: Mike Tyson. And the best MMA fighter I have to say is Anderson Silva. Anderson is certainly the best and most complete fighter in the UFC. He’s untouchable.”

Kimbo is set to step back into the octagon on May 8th when he takes on fellow Ultimate Fighter contestant, Matt Mitrinoe at UFC 113 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Can the former street fighter add to his win over Houston Alexander from December? Tune in on May 8th to find out.

0 replies since 3/3/2010, 23:46   131 views