Wanderlei Silva describes UFC 110 win over Michael Bisping as “tasty”

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 5/3/2010, 04:26

Former PRIDE champion, Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva has described his win last month over Michael Bisping at UFC 110 in Sydney, Australia as “one of the tastiest” of his career, as well as adding he came close to picking up all three fight bonuses on the night.

Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva said:

This win was probably one of the most tasty of my career. I was eight months out of the Octagon and had to overcome a lot of challenges like the new weight, but I’m happy everything went out fine. I got very close to winning three bonuses. If they had the almost best submission, almost best knockout - I probably would have won also the almost best fight of the night.

On his proposed fight with Yoshihiro Akiyama, Silva said:

“(Akiyama’s) a very tough opponent and I’ll have to improve my physical training for that fight. Actually, I’m already looking for a new physical trainer. If someone is interested, please send your resume to Wand Fight Team.”

Silva also spoke about the knockout defeat on the night by fellow countryman, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, something that he likened to one of his own recent losses.

“I trained with Minotauro and I could tell he was in such a great shape. What happened to him was the same that happened to me against Quinton Jackson. He lowered his head and attacked with a cross punch that hit my chin. There isn’t a man on the face of the Earth that can resist a punch from Velasquez or Quinton on the chin. I told Nogueira that in the dressing room after the fight. Which other heavyweight has 40 fights and only 6 losses?”

Silva could be set to step back in the octagon on June 12th when the promotion visits Vancouver, Canada for the very first time. A fight between the Brazilian and “Sexyama” will certainly be an exciting one with both men known for their attacking styles.

0 replies since 5/3/2010, 04:26   397 views