Jake Shields admits he’s not a fan of former baseball star, Jose Canseco

« Older   Newer »
test_rko
view post Posted on 7/3/2010, 05:12

Strikeforce middleweight champion, Jake Shields has given his thoughts on former Major League Baseball star, Jose Canseco, saying he wants nothing to do with him despite training at Cesar Gracie’s gym alongside a bunch of his friends.

Speaking via MMAWeekly Jake Shields said:

“I heard he was out there with Cesar, but personally I’m not a big fan of his. I don’t want to knock anything that Cesar and my camp has done, but I don’t really want to have anything to do with Jose.”

“I don’t really want to help the guy. I haven’t met the guy yet, but seeing his track record, I don’t really want to have anything to do with him. He’s not someone I want in my life. I don’t want to help a guy out who has constantly screwed everyone over who has been close to him.”

On a possible fight between Canseco and former NFL great, Herschel Walker, Shields said:

“I like Hershel Walker and I’d like to see Hershel kick his (expletive), but if he was fighting under my team that would make me feel a little weird, so I don’t know how I feel about that. Being a friend and fan of Hershel and having a guy that I think is kind of a scumbag coming to my gym... I guess that’s Cesar’s decision. I don’t want to knock his decision, but I certainly wouldn’t let him come into my gym.”

Shields is set to defend his title for the first time on April 17th in Nashville, Tennessee against former UFC and PRIDE legend, Dan Henderson. As for Canseco, whether he gets his shot at Walker seems to be firmly in the hands of Strikeforce and their CEO, Scott
Coker.

0 replies since 7/3/2010, 05:12   391 views